Here is a quick post listing the things that got done around my place during the month of May. This post is actually more for me than you — so I can keep track of what needs to be done and when throughout the year.
At the bottom is a really a cool photo of my yard, if you care enough to make it all the way through my boring list.
- Raked and de-thatched the lawns
- Overseeded and fertilized front lawn (thankfully the back yard doesn’t need it this year)
- Weeded dandelions a few times (no weed killer allowed in my yard!)
- Hosed off house and garage. (I do this once a year to get the street grime off it)
- Removed leaves and debris from pond, edges and waterfall
- Removed and cleaned winter aerator/heater thingy
- Mucked out pond pump
- Inspected, cleaned and hooked up pond filter
- Connected waterfall
- Brought out bridge
- Took my first trip to Golden Acres and Sunnyside garden centres
- Pruned my shrubs
- Staked peonies
- Planted some bulbs
- Moved a few existing perennials
- Planted several new perennials
- Planted some pole beans
- Potted a Japanese maple
- Removed suckers from lilacs
Decor and Stuff
- Brought out and cleaned the furniture
- Sanded and re-stained the deck
- Sanded and re-stained the porch
- Uncovered and cleaned BBQ and got a tank of propane
- Filled planters
- Hung lanterns
Check this out!
Here is 360 degree snapshot ‘bubble’ of my backyard one evening in the last weekend in May. So cool!